I know very little about doing makeup. After being alive for 23 years, I have come to terms with my lack of makeup skills. Since my makeup skills are total crap, I usually wear a bareface or mascara (if I’m feeling adventurous lol).
I was super excited when I received an invite to the Beauty Bash event at the Miracle Mile Shops, because I knew this was my opportunity to learn a thing or two about make up. The brands Mac, Sephora, Basin White, and NYX Professional Make Up not only slayed my face by giving me a makeover, but they also provided me with some helpful makeup do’s & dont’s. First, I wanted to share some photos from the event, then we will get into the tips.
The Sephora team slayed my nontour, contour look.
As I mentioned earlier, I rarely wear make up, so I wanted to mix things up by asking MAC to apply a bold lip color on me. After seeing myself with the bold lip, I was convinced that “issa look.”
I am still haunted by the fact that I didn’t buy this lip scrub & lip balm combo. These Basin White products are made from all-natural products and they smell & taste amazing. I am definitely going back to buy these.
Here are some pretty NYX eye shadows for the fall. Notice the glitter!
Lastly, I made a friend at the event. Everyone meet Su (@su_real_mua)! Su and I had way too much in common and she slayed my eye make up. Thanks girl!
Now for the makeup tips (from the experts):
L I P S
• Do exfoliate lips before applying a lip product
• Do moisturize lips
• Do apply a lip liner before applying lip stick
• Do opt for darker colors this fall
E Y E B R O W S
• Do use a lighter shade for the brows
• Do apply small, thin strokes to fill the brows
• Do make the brows sisters, NOT twins.
• Do opt to use a concealer underneath the brows to make them POP!
• Do rock a bold brow & bold lip for the fall
C O N T O U R
• Do keep it minimal (the experts call this a “nontour”)
• Do apply your blush or highlighter to the top of your cheeks and swipe up to your temples (The experts call this “draping”)
• Do opt for a natural contour/nontour this fall
What are your top 3 make up tips?