Last year I set three main goals for myself. Here is a recap on my progress:
- Be more intentional with my purchases: Looking back at my year, I did a better job about not thrifting so often and only thrifting clothes that were good quality. I did not stick to shopping lists, as I intended, so maybe I can do this in 2018.
- Consume Less, Create More: I will say, that I am proud of myself for consuming less YouTube videos, and instead creating videos of my own. For 2018, I’d like to create even more, and maybe even learn embroidery.
- Stop Shopping Fast Fashion: I did not spend any money at the main fast-fashion giants (i.e. Forever 21, H&M, and Zara) The only clothing item I purchased this past year that was from a non-ethical/major retailer was a pair of Adidas running shoes. I am okay with this purchase because I believe these shoes are good quality and will last me a very long time. In 2018, I’d like to discover more ethical companies to shop with.
In 2018, my goals are to:
- Create Less Waste: I’m on a mission to be a more conscious consumer, especially in terms of my plastic consumption. In 2018, I am going to make simple, lifestyle changes to reduce my plastic waste.
- Get Healthy: Working out and eating better always ends up on my list of resolutions, but this year I feel optimistic about actually accomplishing this.
- Consume Less, Create More: I just really like this goal, so it’s on my list again. This year I want to create content for my blog more consistently and maybe even take up embroidery.
What are your goals for 2018?